AngelStep® Acoustic Underlay
Rigid Acoustic Underlay for Marine Applications
Contact us for a sample or visit our showroom
Product of the month
VyBar® Marine Sound Proofing
Rigid Acoustic Laminate Insulation for Marine Applications
Acoustica® VyBar® is a rigid laminate noise barrier and vibration damping material which has been specifically engineered to absorb and control noise and vibration in main and auxiliary engine enclosures and to line partition walls and bulkheads in marine vessels.
VyBar® has a unique material construction which unlike many other soundproofing materials results in high sound absorption coupled with resilience and compression loading capability.
VyBar® Marine is an extremely robust aluminium faced insulation with an indefinite life.
It does not shed fibres and will not delaminate; it is unaffected by vibration, oil, water and hydrolysis.
Tested and certified to meet the International Maritime Organisation resolution A635 (16) – recommendation on Improved Fire Test Procedures for Surface Flammability as amended by Resolution MSC 61(67).
Service Temperature :
-50 to 120C
1200 x 1200 x 20mm (VyBar® 848F)
1200 x 1200 x 10mm (VyBar® 48F)
The World’s First Electric Retractable Magnus Effect Stabilizer
RotorSwing is the first fully electrically driven, non-hydraulic roll damping system for vessels up to 30 metres based on the Magnus effect. Instead of traditional fins, the system uses rapidly rotating cylinders which, subject to the direction of rotation, generate an up or downward pressure.
• Silent operation (full electric drive)
• No hydraulics
• Quiet ()
• Retractable ()
• High damping (also at low speed)
• Zero Speed (optional)
• Compact and easy installation
• No valuable loss of space on board
• Higher momentum (better damping)
• High static heel (best performance in following seas)
• RS 140 comparable with 1.1 m2 fins
• No steering effect (even transom mount is possible)
• Optional Rake control (allows use at higher speeds)
• 3 term controller (angle- velocity-acceleration)
• Easy to operate (park – drive)
Contact us at Sopac - this product is now available at zero speed
Product Spotlight: HMP Jet Thrusters